Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Sudan - 10th Hussars

Here we have the arrival of the last major cavalry unit for the imperial forces - the 10th Hussars. These are my old favourite 28mm Connoisseur Miniatures on a mix of various manufactures horses. The 10th had more grey horses when first deployed so I have added in more than usual. They provide a nice contrast to the 19th as these have khaki tunic and blue pants with yellow belts. One figure had a spot of casting trouble with the right arm and I have remade that with the soldering iron  and added a pistol into his hand as if firing the starting pistol.







So that gives me the 9th Bengal Lancers,19th Hussars and 10th Hussars, so i thought you might like a group shop.



That leaves a small 12 figure unit of Egytian Lancers and a company of 6 figures of Mounted Infantry left to finish all the mounted elements.

I have also just topped-up the Mounted Mahdists lead pile as they head toward their final total of 100 camel...... now has anyone seen the Mahdi...

15 comments:

  1. Splendid hussars...but I think my favorites are still your beautiful Bengal Lancers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dave, where to start? Obviously a favourite era of mine, but these really are superb and seeing them altogether is such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be properly satisfied until I see the whole lot on parade, including Corporal Millsy! This'll do for now I guess. It's bloody marvellous after all :-)

      Delete
    2. Oh indeed... Once I have cleared the current paint desk, and the project table I will

      Delete
  3. Your a machine Dave, no idea how you turn out so many quality units in such a short time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic. It's one thing to see large numbers of black powder era cavalry in that scale, but somehow it's even more cool to see colonial era cavalry en masse. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huzzah! Excellent job, Dave

    I'm going down to Hammerhead, so I'll see if I can secure a place at your Serenity game at some point during the day.

    I was also near you neck of the woods on Monday night, I popped over to the Redcar Ironbeards club as I know Ian W. from the shows and the Pendraken Forum. I'm hoping to get back over to join in with them at least once a month, maybe sort out a few interclub/group games in the future with the lads from the Catterick area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roy.. Unfortunately I have had to pull out of hammerhead due to a family commitment.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info. I'll see you at another show in the future, no doubt. Roy

      Delete